Sunday, February 15, 2009

Samples

I spent most of my time this weekend sewing up samples for the quilting store.  I am going to attempt to teach classes at Lavender Lime quilt shop here in Chattanooga.  I made samples for a box bag, vinyl wallet, and the brown bag lunch bag.  The sample in the picture is canvas encased in vinyl.  I'll drop them off at the shop tomorrow and we'll see what the store thinks of them.  If all goes well, I will be on class list for April and May and beyond.













Let me know what you think?  Would you take a class to learn to sew these?


And to reward myself for getting all the samples done, I made a wallet just for me.  I'll upload another picture when I get all my stuff in it.  I'll also be making more of the wallets to add to my Etsy store next weekend.  I think these will be perfect for the spring/summer.  Since the outside is vinyl, it's perfect for having at the beach or in the park and you can throw it in a diaper bag without baby's milk or spilled lotion getting at your cell phone.  :)


Hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's weekend.  It was a beautiful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty - hey did the store move? I thought that the sign was missing when I drove by there on Friday. Maybe my eyes weren't open enough - that's a real possibility. How does knitting time look this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I totally want to learn to sew box bags. They have such clean lines, and make you so curious as to what is kept inside!

    ReplyDelete