Monday, September 29, 2008

My Needle Storage

During my time away from home, I found out just how impractical my knitting needle cases were. I was traveling with two suitcases and fitting the rolled knitting needle case or the book style case for circulars did not work. I spent more time worried that something would get crushed and my needles would get damaged. When packing needles, the best thing for them is to be as flat as possible.

Which led to last weeks' sewing project. As you know from my previous post, I have a lot of zippers to use so I knew my new cases would need to incorporate the zippers. Not to mention I like having the zipper as a closure to ensure I don't loose needles as I sometimes would in my jelly roll case.

So, what would the ideal travel case for my needles look like...



Just like this. And as you can see I made a case for straight needles, sock needles, circular needles and even a small pouch for accessories. I love them and have gone crazy sewing them up.






I've been toying with the idea of starting an Etsy shop so I will be making a bunch to list and we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I am willing to share! The first five people that post a comment and send me your mailing address, you will get your very own straight needle case. Please send your address to my email at aldorris@bellsouth.net to protect your privacy. I look forward to hearing your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Hi April, I've been lurking for a while, but the thought of receiving one of your lovely cases was too tempting :) Thank you! You certainly are good with zippers - they are all so cute and a great idea. Also, all of your bags show off your sewing talent, I would like to see your things in an Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, as always I love seeing your work. It's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! I love your fabric choices, too. :) The Etsy store is a great idea- there is a shortage of pretty, affordable needle cases on there. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, that's great! I second the Etsy encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  5. April, these are beautiful and I love the lot of zippers you found. Go for it with your etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great! I don't see why you WOULDN'T sell them. You pick amazing colors, too.

    ReplyDelete