Monday, December 14, 2009

Merry Christmas To YOU!


Merry Christmas To YOU!
Originally uploaded by aldorris105
It has become a tradition for me and my grandmother to put up and decorate the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving when the rest of the family is out shopping. I love having little traditions to keep with my family members. My mother, grandmother and I also spent some time sewing together the night before thanksgiving. They made aprons from the Lotta Jansdotter Simple Sewing book. I had to buy them a copy to share before they headed back home to Mississippi. I'm so thrilled that they have been sewing together quite regularly and my mother had her sewing machine repaired after many, many years of collecting dust. I encourage you all to find a connection with your family to share. These are the times I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment