Sunday, December 23, 2012

There are Butterflies In My Sky

I wrote this post some time ago and lost track of it in my blogging software. But I ran across it in my end of year digital clean-out effort. There are a lot of iPods, iPads and iPhones that will be unwrapped in a couple of days. If there are children in viewing area of these devices in your life, please consider this app recommendation.

People always ask me about my reading and wonder how I came to love reading so much. All I can say is that I owe so much of who I am culturally to Reading Rainbow and The Catherine T. and McArthur D. Foundation that sponsored so much of the public television programming that I grew up watching.
LeVar Burton has revamped Reading Rainbow for the technology that has invaded our lives. This experience is optimized at the moment for IOS and the iPad so I won’t get to try it out, but I am excited about it none the less.

If you have children in your life, please introduce them to this little bit of our past recreated. In this crazy world we live in, they need a few butterflies in their sky.

3 comments:

  1. In addition, read to the children - daily if possible. If not, many libraries have reading for children circles that the child can participate in.

    re your list of books - find Square Foot Gardening - excellent and helps in planning so you don't have 7,000,000 zucchini and 1 tomato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely.

      I'll have to check that book out. I've been on a gardening book kick lately and I have one I've been asked to review that is just fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Wow...I love Reading Rainbow and had no clue about this app. Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete