Sunday, April 14, 2013

Labor of Love-Part 2

This is a continuation of the family album I am doing for my husband from the pictures we took from his mother's house.


It took a bit of time, but I was finally able to rescue all the photos from the albums they were in.  If you have some old family photos that are mounted in those old sticky/magnetic albums, now is a good time to liberate them.  You don't have to intend to scrapbook them as I am, but if you want them to last longer, get them out as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I damaged a few photos getting them out of the albums. Couldn't be avoided. Even white school glue doesn't hold as viciously a the glue in those albums.

I had no idea how many photos I was really dealing with until I got them all out. I may be in for a bigger challenge than I originally thought. 

The hubby and I hit the local Michaels craft store for supplies and he chose this large black album with an embossed, leather-like cover. Very pretty just enough masculine for him. He is a lover of all things black, so the color scheme will be black, white and cream.


It's a large album with 12 x 12 black pages, but since those refills are a little more difficult to find (none in stock in Michael's that day), I purchased two 8 1/2 x 11 white refill pages. I think the alternating size of the pages will accomodate the varying sizes of the pictures perfectly. I want to avoid cutting as much as possible.


Now that all my supplies are gathered, its time to start working on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment