Saturday, April 5, 2014

Peaks, Pits, Praises, Prayers

This stems from an idea I saw on Pinterest. It was a suggested as a daily journal concept, not too far off from the gratitude journals that many like to keep. 


What I appreciate about this is that it gives you an opportunity to pull from the bad things and frame them in a way that forces you to think about them differently. Instead of just being upset about a work situation and attempting to ignore it, I can put it down as something to be prayed about. And I don't have to avoid it because I will be seen as too negative (it has happened to me before).

I have incorporated this into my daily planner.  I typically do this on Sunday afternoon, but during Lent I am attempting to do it daily.

Today's entry...

PEAKS. I had fun finishing some bunting for a friend's baby.
PITS. I had to go to work for a few hours.
PRAISES. Thank God, I was productive at work and didn't have to stay for too long.
PRAYERS. I'm praying for new habits that will help me break though my health plateau.


No comments:

Post a Comment