Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Had Such Plans


When I left work this evening, I just knew I was going to get a lot done before bed time. Shortly after getting home and putting dinner in the oven to cook, the power went out. And it didn't come back on until more than 4 hours later. So here I am, after midnight, cooking the dinner I should have had hours ago. (I'll have it for lunch tomorrow)

As the house grew darker and darker with the setting sun, I had only one thing to keep me company....my new toy, the kindle. I was able to download today's New York Times which I read by the light of a candle.

Because it downloads wirelessly, no electricity is needed to read for hours in a power outage (provided it's charged and you have a light source). I downloaded free first chapters of a few other books and for now I am in love with my little kindle. I'll post more about it in the coming days as I learn all the ins and outs.



In other news, I finished the socks! I just need to weave in the ends and they are good to go!

1 comment: