Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Nellie Toiletry Bag

I hope all of you in the land of 0's and 1's had a great 4th of July. I had a ball. Some of my mother's family came up including my mom and grandma and some cousins and we had a great time. But they are gone now and I am recovering.

During our time together, I gave my grandma a demonstration of my new sewing machine. It was her fault that I got such an expensive machine. She is an avid quilter and I think she likes finally having someone in the family that is as excited about sewing machines as she is. So here I am. After demonstrating the embroidery capabilities of my machine, she said "Okay, make me a bag". What a challenge! But I did it. In a couple of hours, I whipped up this little ditty. I put a handle on it so she could use it as a toiletry bag. I made a boo boo on the lining of it but when you make up something off the top of your head you just don't know what will happen.










Pictures of the family will be uploaded to my flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment