Monday, April 20, 2009

The Everyday Utility Bag

I thought it completely out of place to see kitchen towels in the quilt shop. But considering the type of machines that they sell in this shop, I shouldn’t be surprise. With a Bernina machine, you can embroider anything! Believe me, it is tempting. I bought three of the kitchen towels and set about trying to figure out what I was going to do with them. It just wouldn’t be right to use them as kitchen towels, embroidered or not. I sat in front of my Bernina and out came this...

000_0139.bDil1oyl0LzK.jpg

I love it. It’s big enough to use as a market bag, but I will be using it for recycling. There are some weeks when my single recycling container just isn’t enough and this bag will allow me to do some good presorting before I head to the center. I’m going to make at least two more for myself, but first I need to make one for my niece Brittany to use as a laundry bag in college. She graduates in May from high school. Celebration for sure!!!

So, back to the Bernina I go.

TheEverydayUtilityBag.MSbfkKdILGLi.jpg

I’ll post the finishing pic when I’m done. I hope this inspires you for Earth day (April 22).

1 comment: