Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Packing For Stitches South

Look for a lot of posts this week. Just think of it as me catching up with all of the time I was away.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

000_0196.VN7tGLz3YqQD.jpg


The first Stitches South starts on Thursday in Atlanta. I will be attending with my friend Mandy and I’m ready to go! One more day of work and I am free. I’m not going to take a lot of ongoing projects with me. I know it looks like a lot in the picture, but really it’s not. I’m taking some cotton with me for some mindless knitting during those times when funny and interesting conversations won’t let you concentrate on a pattern. I’m taking a one skein hat pattern. I hope I can knock that one out pretty quickly. I’m so close to finishing the Manitou scarf so that has to go. The Market Bag at the front has been hibernating for a year. I’m hoping to at least work on it for a few rounds. It’s going to take a little while to get re-aquainted with the pattern. I made a big mistake in stopping in the middle of a round. I know, smart huh? I’m hoping to finally get started on my fuzzy anklet socks. I’ve got two colors of that yarn and since they are both in the same bag, they both get to ride down to Atlanta.

The rest of the yarn is scraps and skeins that I’ve got set aside for my classes. I’ve got three (Armhole Success, A Sampling of Stitches, and Darn It). And I have homework to do for all three. Only one left to go. I hoping to get that one knocked out tomorrow.

For now, I am off to pack. I’ve got the fiber part of my packing done, but I haven’t set out any clothing. Stay tuned to my blog this weekend for posts from ground zero of the south’s first Stitches fiber festival.












No comments:

Post a Comment