Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Diet Update

I thought it was about time to follow up on my self imposed book diet.

A year ago, I surveyed my book collected and realized I had 199 books in my collection that I had been given or bought but had not yet read.

My solution was to go on a book diet and make a goal to read 100 books during the calendar year. Of course, that would make my diet two years in duration before I can really buy again.

Even with the diet,  I did manage to add some books to my collection. I'm a sucker for used books stores and I did a little clean out of my mother's shelves of books.


And I really couldn't pass up picking these books up from the box of free books in the laundry room of the apartment building.

If you follow me on Goodreads, then you know I actually managed to read and review 61 books during the during the 2012 calendar year. I wish I could say this year was off to a good start, but work has me doing nothing but work.

For now, I'm using the Kindle app on my phone to read during my lunch breaks so I'm only up to 5 book read for the year so far.

I don't have the heart to re-count my unread books just yet, but my book diet continues and my reading challenge has been renewed for 2013. Let's see how close to 100 books we get this year.

You with me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I love to read and I apparently love to "acquire" books even more. I have bookshelves full of unread books of all types. For the crafty books I've given myself a challenge on my blog to make something each month from the books I own. For literature, I'm doing the goodreads challenge, but it's only 15 books this year. The real challenge behind that is actually taking the time out to read. Good luck with your goal. If you got to 61 books last year, I'm sure you can get pretty close this year. -Nizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about doing a challenge with my craft books as well. The only thing stopping me from starting is the fact that we have not completely moved yet, so I'm still separated from a lot of my stuff.

      Delete