Friday, April 11, 2008

How Do You Use This Thing?


Today, I pulled my sewing machine out to sew lining for the cabled purse I've been knitting. I choose a really cute leaf patterned fat quarter of fabric that I purchased at the quiting store. I chose the thread. I have to admit that my working thread and bobbin thread are two different colors but they coordinate with the fabric. Threading a bobbin was not in my plans for the day.

I set about to start and realized that it's been so long since I've sewn anything that I no longer remembered how to use my machine. Of course I eventually figured it out, but having to take the time to re-orientate myself made me realize that my sewing skills are suffering and fading. Not that I know that much about sewing anyway. I can do the basic stuff but don't ask me to put in a button hole or a zipper.

I need lessons. Quickly. So look forward to more on my sewing projects in the near future.



2 comments:

  1. Looks great and I love the way the fabric goes with the knitting. For someone who 'can't' sew, you do a mighty fine job.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete