Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Story Continues

Knitch did a fantastic job hosting the Yarn Harlot this weekend. The event went quite smoothly and although there were at least 2 signing sessions and 1 store copy signing session, we were still able to get to talk with Ms. Stephanie quickly and we weren't rushed along as I thought we might be. The shopping and knitting time beforehand were great and the knit-in was fantastic, especially for the winners of the raffle that benefited Knitters Without Borders.

I am usually a very unlucky girl and since the money was going to charity I decided to be a little more generous and buy 10 tickets ($20). Don't you know I was blown away when I won 5 balls of Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. That's a hundred dollar value! So, I'm very happy and more than ahead of the game at this point. (Picture of said yarn in the previous post)

GailR may be disappointed to hear that they gave away a $300 ball of lace weight yarn. I'm not very familiar with lace knitting so I did not retain the name of the yarn but it's the rarest yarn available. It was a tiny little ball but the yardage was quite generous and it felt quite lovely. The winner let me pet it a little.

So what really blew me away was the prize to end all prizes (in my opinion at least) and I am still in shock that unlucky me was the one to walk away with it. I won TWO days at the KNITCH CABIN in North Georgia for ME and FOUR FRIENDS. My very own knitting retreat! I'm shaking again just thinking about it. The value of this one...PRICELESS!

So, the moral of this story...good things sometimes come to those unlucky, unemployed people who donate to charity. OR small gambles sometimes pay big.

Again, thanks to Knitch for a fabulous time and to Stephanie who made me laugh and I'm sure I will enjoy the books. (No, I've never read her books before.)

4 comments:

  1. Don't be near anything that can be damaged if you are drinking a beverage of choice and reading her books. You'll recognize people you know in the pages.

    The rarest lace yarn is... my handspun! Actually I'd be afraid of hosing a project made with that much $$$ in yarn.

    Congrats on the haul - and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME! Congratulations. You deserve a getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was Vicuna. I think. Don't quote me. Unless I'm right. Then it was *definitely* Vicuna. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Congratulations on your winnings from the raffle! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete