Friday, August 7, 2009

More Goodies...

I paid a visit to the fabric store today. I went in to order a small embroidery hoop for my machine and walked out with all of this.

IMG00052-20090807-0048_2.Dc0ujMbOSvvx.jpg

Don’t worry. I didn’t spend too much. Most of the fabric was free. I used up the last of my store credit from the purchase of my Bernina machine. I will spend the weekend sewing and getting ready for the next class I will be teaching at the shop.

I’ll be teaching how to sew a box bag. Perfect for gifts for the holidays. I will be knocking out quite a few for my own family and a few to list in my Etsy shop. I also picked up larger fabric pieces in fall motifs for aprons. My grandmother made me a couple last year and I’m going to use those as templates for mine. I’m also going to make them reversible and interface them for a little more body. I’m really excited for the fall. I love this time of year and even though it’s still hot outside, I’m going to keep channelling the cooling winds of the coming season.

My embroidery hoop will be in next week and I will be full swing into the holiday mojo.

I’m so conflicted getting ready for the holiday season considering I’m looking into selling my house. I do love this house but I am traveling too much to really be able to keep up with all of the stuff involved with maintaining a home. But I’m still also looking into other options that will allow me to be able to keep the house up like I want to. We’ll see how that goes. I’m going to put due diligence into researching both sides of the coin.

Tomorrow, I’m shopping for a dishwasher.

1 comment:

  1. What great stash additions! I really like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete