Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reading the Woody Allen Collection

PastedGraphic-2012-03-17-01-10.pngPastedGraphic1-2012-03-17-01-10.pngPastedGraphic2-2012-03-17-01-10.pngPastedGraphic3-2012-03-17-01-10.png



Continuing on my reading journey for the year, I devoured four Woody Allen books in my Audible library. Despite my repulsion at some of the decisions Mr. Woody has made in his personal life, I adore this man as a great writer. And hearing him read his short stories was even better. He is so comical and entertaining and personable…yes, I find Woody Allen personable. This man can turn a simple conversation about nothing into an event that makes you want to be a fly on the wall. My fiancĂ© considers him the original Seinfeld. His re-writes of history are nothing short of hilarious and his subtle, yet jarring, methods of insulting characters had me laughing all over the place. I know insults shouldn’t be funny but he does them in such a way that they are too over the top to be taken seriously.

I would love to have a few dinners with Woody to see how his thought process flows. For now, I’ll just settle with this collection of books. I give these the highest rank possible, two thumbs up and a highly motivating and expressive recommendation to read.

All book links provided (in the sidebar) are from Amazon where I am an affiliate, but please support the book seller of your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment