Sunday, October 2, 2011

October #1--Hello Again

Sometimes the best laid plans just don’t work out. And honestly I shouldn’t say that considering it was just a thought and not exactly a plan. Leading up to this month, I kept thinking the best way to get myself ready for the hustle of Nanowrimo was to get writing on my blog during the month of October.

So, in my head I made the “plan” to write a blog post for each day of the month. Even though the word count would be much less than the daily goal for Nano, it would still get me accustomed to sitting down and putting thoughts to paper on a daily basis. Well, the first of the month has gotten away from me already.

Today, the 2nd of October starts my Nano readiness effort. Since I missed the first day, I am not going to bother with trying to post daily. What I will do instead is set a goal of writing at least one post for each of my years of life. I celebrated my 36th birthday in September. I am a strong believer that every birthday should be celebrated. I love getting older. I love the new things and new places and new people I am able to experience each year I am here and I love where I see my future years taking me. I have never been sad about a birthday and I am definitely not going to start now.

I have been away from this blog for months for a number of reasons, but it all comes down to me letting life take away those things that I love so much. I started this blog to get myself used to letting others read what I have written and what I am thinking. There is not much point to writing in journals for years and years, not knowing if your point of view resonates with anyone. But I have let myself down and I have let you down (those of you who are still around). But here I am, shouting to the world that I have something to say and this is my journey into getting those words out into the world.

I hope you all are still with me and I hope I can welcome new friends to my blog. More than anything, I am just saying hello again to the girl that wants to write her own world.

HELLO AGAIN!

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back! I, myself, take the long breaks due to life, but it's nice to have virtual space to come back to.

    ReplyDelete