Sunday, October 9, 2011

October #3--Lazy Sunday

I’m just sitting here enjoying and wasting away my Sunday afternoon when I start to think about all the things I should be doing. Instead of watching the last episode of Project Runway on the DVR, I should be catching up on work or sewing or finishing the shrug I am crocheting for my grandma. If nothing else, I SHOULD BE WRITING. I had a couple of hiccups this week in my professional life and it has me a little miffed about what is to come next. And that in turn is zapping away all of my creativity.

For the past year and a half, my life has been moving along and I’m not quite keeping up. I am quite uneasy when there is too much change in my life. It’s been so difficult for me to put into words but in church today, the pastor did just that for me. He spoke of the storms that rage in our lives that we don’t quite deal with. BUT, we concentrate so much on the external storms of our lives that we forget to speak peace to the internal storms that rage within us. The external storms come and go but those internal storms stick with us long term and really impact us so much.

Yes, I am in a uncomfortable position right now, but that is an external storm that will pass. More than anything I need to deal with the internal storm that causes me to be so uncomfortable. Not to mention I have some other internal storms that need speaking to, but those are hurricanes for another day in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment