Tuesday, January 10, 2012

GBE #34--Work

This is actually a late post for last week’s GBE, but I really wanted to talk about work. Actually, I have a question to ask to all of you readers.

Have you ever hesitated quitting a job because you didn’t want to give up the space or location? This is the dilemma I am facing now. For the first time since being an engineer, I work in a really nice space. I’m not sure what the building was used for before, but it has exposed brick and wood beams and the cubicle layout added by my company is actually quite appealing.

2012-01-04-2012-01-10-20-41.jpg

We get tons of light and the location is close enough to all the downtown restaurants without being so close that the area is distracting. There are some negatives--the temperature controls are never quite right, it’s going to be noisy if we ever get to fill it with people and it’s next door to a chicken processing plant so coming in and out can be stinky at times. But, it’s such a pretty space and that says a lot for an engineering firm. I’ve been hesitating sending my resume out because I don’t want to leave such a nice office space.

What do you think? Crazy? Tell me you’d do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I completely understand, I hesitate leaving my job because I have such a great gym 2 blocks away. What a crazy reason not to leave?! But I understand your hesitation for sure, environment plays a huge role in how you work!

    ReplyDelete