Sunday, January 15, 2012

GBE #35--Pet Peeves

I now have more than 200 posts to this blog. And every one of them became more familiar to me as I was taking care of some of the backlog issues with the blog. Adding tags to each post gave me a glimpse back to some of the things I have written about and some of the things I said I would do and never did. I am not a fan of people who demonstrate no follow through in life and with this blog and my writing in general, I have done the very thing that I despise. I failed to follow through on so many things.

I could blame it on all the travel for work that I have been doing. I could blame it on an ongoing lack of focus. I could blame it on the fact that in the beginning, I didn’t think anyone would read this blog of mine. I could blame it on a lot of things, but at the end of the day the blame lands right at my feet and accuses me.

I didn’t start blogging just for kicks. I started blogging to get used to putting something I wrote out into the world and having other people comment on it and possible shred it death. I did it so that when I eventually became an author, I would have had some dealings with the good and bad comments people would make against me. I did it because I have a voice and I want people to hear what I have to say. But none of that matters if I don’t consistently follow through. Who wants to follow the girl that promised to fill you in on that book she’s reading and two years later she still has nothing to say about it? It’s not a good look for me and I intend for that to change.

Please forgive me for not following through.

No comments:

Post a Comment