Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year?

My 2012 has truly started in an interesting way…and by interesting, I mean it sucks already. Here are the highlights.


  1. I spent the first week of the year wondering if the job I have would be over at the end of the week. On Friday I was informed I still need to come to work on Monday so I guess I should be happy about that. I’ll see if I make it through this next week. It’s the nature of the work that I’m in but it doesn’t get any easier to deal with.

  2. When starting to put out feelers for jobs with other places in the city, I was politely informed that one company does not look on it highly that I quit working for them at one point. Seeing as everyone there are “friends” that I’ve worked with, I’m taking that to mean that someONE did not appreciate me taking better job opportunities over staying there to work with them. The reasons I left had to do with taking a better, more interesting and more risky job opportunity. It had nothing to do with the company or it’s employees that I thought were my friends. Oh well.

  3. Distance does not always make the heart grow fonder and it definitely won’t help people think of you more fondly.

  4. An 800 square foot apartment can accumulate a lot of stuff. Incorporating that stuff into an already full house can be a bit much. As such, the charity pile is growing.

  5. Just the thought of being positive is depressing me, so bah humbug to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment