Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quick and Easy Mini Albums

IMAG0181-2012-05-22-15-10.jpg

I think this is the most fun little project I’ve done in a while. These are the mini toilet paper roll albums that I spoke of here. Each little album is made of 4 recycled toilet paper rolls with a cover made from the backing from a couple of note pads I had laying around the house. Rather than paint the rolls, I covered everything in paper. With all the crafting I have done lately, I have been trying to use materials that were already in my house. Into the album went assorted purple scrapbooking paper, scraps of card stock, eyelets (normal and decorative plate), twine and stickers.

IMAG0186-2012-05-22-15-10.jpg

Each album page has two journal/picture cards that pull from the end and two smaller cards that sit in the pocket that was created when the paper used to cover the roll was overlapped. Rather than add pulls on the end of the pocket inserts, I reinforced the ends with random stickers from my stash. The cover of each album is embellished simply with a metal plate eyelet that has a friendship related quote on them.

These little albums are perfect little gifts for graduations, Mother’s/Father’s Day, birthdays, etc. Fill them with love notes, money, pictures and anything else that inspires you. These three will be gifted to friends this summer. Two are brides and one is a birthday girl. I will leave the brides books blank so they can use them as wedding thank you’s for a friend or for another occasion. The one for the birthday girl will get filled with notes and other things by me and maybe a couple of gift cards.

I love these albums so much that I’m sorry to say you may see many, many more of these in the future. I still have lots of paper and embellishments in my stash that need to be used. For now, more photos can be seen in my Flickr account.

In terms of tools I used a paper cutter, corner rounder and crop-a-dile to punch holes and set eyelets. And in case you are inspired to do it yourself, this is the YouTube video that sparked it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment