Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Haze

I know the haze has fully set in from the Thanksgiving meal. I hope you all had a great time with your friends and family. And even if Thanksgiving is not your thing, I hope you took a moment to think on the things that you are thankful for. I am so very thankful for my family, friends and neighbors who have helped me through this last year of hard work and travel.

In other news, I finally found a Carol’s Daughter product that I can use and so far I really, really like it. My mother had bought one of the CD starter kits from a department store and in it there was a little sample jar of the Mimosa Hair Honey. I had never personally handled this product so my interest was piqued.

IMAG0456-2011-11-24-22-55.jpg

Immediately, this product passed the smell test. This is always my biggest issue with CD products. They are usually just too heavily perfumed for me. This product has a really light scent that I could tell wouldn’t last long. I’m happy to say I was right about that.

I had washed my hair that morning and just let it dry with no product. My curly fro was impressive but definitely not the look I wanted to have on Thanksgiving day. I decided to try the Hair Honey to see how it worked. I parted for flat twists and sprayed with water before applying the Hair Honey. There is no hold to the product so it was a little iffy only applying this with no gel. But after getting a couple of flat twists done, I could immediately see the shine the hair honey gave. And although the twists had no hold, there was a look to the twists that I really liked. This would be perfect for the naturals that wear two strand twists as styles. Because the Hair Honey is not a styler, I didn’t have to worry about my hair not drying during the night.IMAG0460-2011-11-24-22-55.jpg

I side parted my hair and flat twisted down, away from my face. Since I didn’t know how greasy my hair would feel, I didn’t want to have the hair falling into my face.

IMAG0469-2011-11-24-22-55.jpgIMAG0463-2011-11-24-22-55.jpgIMAG0465-2011-11-24-22-55.jpg

I couldn’t be more happy with the results. My hair had a beautiful shine, the smell was completely gone and because I didn’t add any gel, I had really nice touchable hair that had very good definition. My hair was a little oily in the beginning but that quickly soaked in. Now, this would not work in the summer humidity but I will be buying this product to use as light styler for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment