I would immediately point anyone that is thinking about going natural or that is newly natural to YouTube as a resource. There are some great ladies out there giving tips and sharing styles and for the price (FREE!), you just can’t beat what you get. But, as you are watching the videos and absorbing the information, there are some key things to remember.
- Just because you are natural, you do not have to curse products that are not completely natural or products that contain less desirable natural ingredients, like mineral oil. Determine what is best for you and your hair.
- Just because you cut your hair off, you do not need to overcompensate with huge flowers and headbands. Remember to keep your look age appropriate and in proportion. I hate to see a girl (natural or not) with a flower that is half as big as her head. This isn’t cute on everyone.
- Just because you are natural doesn’t mean your earrings have to be the size of your head or hanging down to your boobs. Again, be age appropriate and choose a style that looks good on you, not everyone else.
- Just because you are natural, you don’t have to add fifty new colors to your makeup palette. The makeup looks are getting more and more bold, but some to the point of being garish.
- Just because you are natural, you do not need a wig for every season and occasion. There are some lovely wigs out there but if your goal is to cover your head until your natural hair looks more like the wig, you may want to really evaluate if you want to be natural.
- Just because you are now natural, you do not need to assign a type to your hair. Learn your hair and learn yourself but don’t let the use of typing limit what you want to achieve.
- Just because you are natural doesn’t mean you should be disparaging to those that are not. Influence but do not bash.