Saturday, November 19, 2011

First Try

IMAG0429-2011-11-19-16-42.jpg

This turned out pretty good for my first attempt at any kind of intricate styling. I flat twist my hair often but never to wear as a style. Of course I am nowhere as good as CharyJay. I have often watched her styling videos and thought THERE IS NO WAY I COULD SPEND ALL THAT TIME DOING THAT STYLE! But last night, I wanted to try something new. I’ve been determined to use my weekends to try new things and I’m happy to say that I succeeded. I need more practice, but not bad at all. I used to think my hair was thick but in comparing it to CharyJay’s, it doesn’t seem so thick anymore. I love how full and plump her twists look when she finishes a style. Once my hair is longer, I’m sure it will fill out a little more, but I don’t think I’d come close to CharyJay’s thickness. I think I’ll try a few more of her styles now.

What do you think? How did I do?

IMAG0434-2011-11-19-16-42.jpgIMAG0433-2011-11-19-16-42.jpg

I did a Henna treatment using Godrej Nupur Mehendi Powder. I followed up with a conditioning treatment using the Milk Protein and Olive Oil Treatment. I styled using Elasta QP and Murray’s Loc-Lock Gel. This time I only sat with the Protein treatment on my head for about 20 minutes. I covered but I did not apply any heat. This is not for everyone though. A lot of naturals say that a henna treatment mimics the effects of a protein treatment on their hair so be cautious of the types of treatments that you combine in one day. This seems to have worked well for me. I washed before and after the Henna using Wen.

Unfortunately, my products worked against me as I woke up this morning with a terrible headache and a day’s worth of sneezes. I’ll have to followup with another post for those of us that are affected by our products.

No comments:

Post a Comment